Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wires, tubes and buttons....Oh MY!!! (2)

Ok trying something new, emailing my post in. The last one dared to cut I'm off. Before I go into my medical challenges today medically speaking - I learned a very valuable lesson on dreams today. Most of you know despite my illness I have had opportunities to do some pin-up modeling. The last opportunity my gut said just Do It. My mind/body wasn't quite as such either, but with encouragement from my always amazing husband I went along with it. I got word today fro, Shannon Toy, my photographer - some of the photos have been chosen for a 3 page spread for Hot Rods and Pinups Publishing Company and Contest.
My goal going doing modeling has been to be published - I assumed an amateur small shot. This just is beyond a dream come true. I have one to their coffee table books from the past. My second BIG dream is to become a Pinup Angel providing support for our troops -  USO tour would be the ultimate.
Something else I have dreamt about even longer for as long as I can remembered. Write-  a book, a novel - a blog for now. I have read a a few autobiographies that started just this way.
Now to medical - I'm going to be blunt-  one of the worst days in many months. I woke up from a very hard sleep at 1:30 am with the worst pain and it seemed everywhere. It was terrible. They say 10 they aren't kidding. The pain meds they administered did help my right side. The left nothing. I cried like a baby. The doctors all argued over who was responsible for pain meds- neuro wouldn't because of cardio symptoms, cardio because of neuro issues, internist bc pain management supposed to - and they had quit because the gastro had removed all tylenol meds for a 24 hr test. Finally 7+ hours later they figured something out and my internist gave me a pain pump with morphine. Along with a heart monitor (apparently that had nothing to do with meds), I have to be on oxygen because of respiration's. I have 2 IV ports one in each arm because the robaxin (prevents stops myoclous) can be administered with morphine or much else apparently.  Luckily it is only hooked up for an hour 4 times a day. You should seriously see the wires and tubes that are every where....and as we all know I'm not exactly graceful. Next thing you know I'm going to have some incident involving getting tangled, trying to walk
So despite all that I got a good dose in me, ate lunch and was OUT for a good nap and Brett who had been up just as long went for an almost 3 mile walk.
I am writing this in the wee hours when I should be sleeping. ....

6 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC NEWS about the Pin-Up!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I finally figured out how to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you, hang in there you are in good hands. And awesome news in the photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Sarah, Enough!
    I keep thinking you are home and on your way to better but I keep seeing your not. I can't believe this. What is going on? I see you have this myo-something or other. Does anyone have an answer for you yet???? I know you are in good hands. Wish I was there. Kisses for Brett from me. I know he can easily get lost in all of this. Be thankful you have someone there for you. I'm very proud of how strong you both have been. Michealle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah...congrats on your modeling news! Awesome! My prayers are with you always

    Mara Bowen

    ReplyDelete