Friday, August 19, 2011

Early Friday morning

Ok I guess its time to catch everyone up since I got admitted to Cedars. August 2 I had injections into my L5-S1 the left facet joint, as well as one into my left sacroiliac joint. They had been done because the latest round of tests suggested that the pelvic pain was due to a damaged sacroiliac joint. the injections were basically steroids and a numbing agent. I was told that it should help almost immediately. I felt like a horse had kicked at the injection site. Once home I slept the better portion of the next few days.

Friday the 5th of August I woke up with slightly more energy. I went and had coffee with Brett and Joe. I noticed that morning i just didn't feel right. i ignored it - marked it up to the injections. By noon my heart felt like it was racing out of my chest. I took my pulse to find it was was 144 (bpm). I didn't say much, ate some extra lunch hoping that would help. didn't, so contacted my doctor whom if he could have yelled to get to the emergency room, locally. It was insane. Within 10 mins of the email - my right arm began to tremor/jerk. the local urgent care attempted to treat the tachycardia I was wheeled over to the ER.
I must say at this point we were joking about the arm. They treated the symptoms and I was released. We repeated this process on Saturday - the jerking/uncontrolled muscle jerks weren't explainable - lots of guessing. Monday repeat tachycardia and same old shaking but increasing in body area affected.

Well I need to fast forward for now. I have been diagnosed with myoclonus. I had to stop writing quite a bit to get the medications to stop it. My back and neck were affected this time. I have an MRI of my brain here in the next few bits. Time to close my eyes and rest. Despite the morphine given 8 am hurting. Out for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment