Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Thanks Daddy!

Had a very nice dinner with Brett and my Daddy! They brought California mailto:!@!@a Ki,@tchen. Chicken Piccatta yummy!! I ventured outdoor offer my comfort _ Veggie Sandwich with schezwan slaw. I'm going to be pulling a Kellen here pretty soon and pig out on the rest. Finished dinner up with coconut frozen yogurt with chocolate chips. I know I am seriously going to gain some serious weight. Lol
My morning was beautiful-  a wonderful breakfast with Brett sitting at the table in the room - out of bed . He headed out to do laundry.  I curled up in bed delighted for the first time in just a month short of a year - I worked a crossword puzzle and dozed. Just before 1230 the twitching and flailing began. This myoclonus episode lasted about 2 hrs. Extremely frustrating for me - if the pharmacy had filed my medication on time it could have been 20 minutes. Seems to be an ongoing issue that just really tortures my body. These people are careless in that their lack of attention to detail results in my despair.

Full body spasms I don't recommend. You know when you workout - I mean workout so you don't want to move tomorrow..... this would be welcome pain. I am thankful for pain medicine tonight. The PCA morphine has really been helpful. The funniest part is afterwards I am ravenous - its horrifying how much I eat. I wake up those night absolutely having to eat. God help me, I see a major diet in my future.
I must share frustration with the medical process. I want more communication! I have a team of doctors, the lead seems to be as defeated and frustrated. I couldn't even list for sure who is on the team as an active prescribing member, consulting officially, consulting unofficially. They have added acupuncture to my regimen. She isn't consistent. And the one session felt rushed and I hurt like HELL worse than before. The next session is Thursday we'll see....
I must not go without saying thank you to a stranger. Pepe is a wonderful man that Brett has become friends with. Pepe built the frame on our hot rod and has become a dear friend to Brett. I have yet to have to pleasure of meeting him. He has been a great source of support and spirituality during my illness. Angela his wife, neither of us have ever met. She was in town and contacted Brett and brought us lunch. I was very much looking forward to the visit and meeting her. Unfortunately I was so involved shaking and flopping to do

1 comment:

  1. Keep your head up, at the least, you got to have a few hours of normalcy?

    ReplyDelete