Thursday, August 18, 2011

What lead to this.....

Start out with little background here. Words that I have had to repeat to family, friends, nurses, doctors and coworkers a few million times. Here it goes for those reading the blog. On September 30, 2009 I was out running. An sudden stabbing pain in my left lower pelvic area nearly dropped me to the ground; I called my dear husband for a ride; Went home took a vicoden I had from a previous surgery and went to bed figured I was ovulating - not very gracefully!
Since that day I have made uncountable visits to our local Emergency Room - a small town community hospital. i quickly began the process of hunting down an OB/Gyn for a consultation. I found one in Los Angeles/Beverly Hills and was seen October 24. Yes that was an "urgent' visit. Since then I have had a laproscopic surgery in which they removed severe adhesion's in my abdominal wall. I could post those beautiful pics on here come to think of it, when that didn't work we opted for parietal hysterectomy. You got it no change - had a few exciting months of loosing control of my urine. Lets point out here, am 34 at this point. An MRI confirmed the diagnosis of a inguinal nerve, removed that and some more adhesion's. Few months passed and yep you got it, same pain, same spot. MRI yet again came to our service and identified a nerouma had developed. Removed this.
Now the real "fun" starts as if I hadn't enjoyed the last 11 days following surgery I randomly fall in the parking lot of the grocery store. No reason for the fall whatsoever. Incision ruptured open based on the fact that I fell flat on my belly. The amount of fluid that exploded out of my body was truly disgusting. Now lets get to know me a bit - I think I'm quite the tough ass. Every logical human would have and I should have stayed laying on the driveway until an ambulance comes..
OK not me I flew up jumped in the driver seat, applied pressure with my knee up and drove my self home, got my husband and he took me to the ER. I spent the next two months packing the wound with gauze and salt water
You would think this would be it....how could this possibly get any more interesting!!! You just wait. I have missed so many hilarious stories and unbelievable behaviors by myself, friends and family not to mention doctors and their staff.
I will pick up next probably tomorrow. Start on my path since I started experiencing odd, terrible, painful seizures and tachycardia on 8/5/11. I'm hoping this blog will help me through my emotions, help all those concerned understand what I am experiencing physically and emotionally. I will say now I am going to be honest in these feelings. I need to be honest with myself but also honest with those reading it. Emotions are a big part of anything like this. Everyone helping me and taking care of me I hope everyone understands the purpose. I will not use names simply situations. Some days will be joyous, others down right terrible. I may take my fear and concern out as anger towaard other people. The emotional road and the physical ones so far have been rough and delightful.




I request one think if you opt to read this blog - remember these are my feelings dealing with my experience. I will be bluntly obvious. If I offend you I am sorry. They are simply meant to give you a picture into my world and my experiences. Whatever they may be. So if you are game - and please feel free to join. I do request for my health and benefit that all feedback is positive. I have enough negative in my life living this. I don't want more. I am not necessarily looking for opinions - i.e. you should have felt this way or thought that way."

No comments:

Post a Comment