Saturday, August 25, 2012

Back in the hospital Aug 16

Given the past 24 hrs I am so glad that I am back on an inpatient status again at Cedar.

I had a seizure yesterday afternoon about 3:00. another hit hard maybe 1030. The only blessing of the drug from hell Diastat- which we used our second and last one. Maybe it would work better than the injections. It proved my previous theory - suppositories make terrible medication during a tonic clonic seizure. I will spare the details.

The next morning brought another of the same and the call to the doctor. Of course even the call was a challenge. Verizon Wireless had cutoff signal to town. We went to my grandmothers who thankfully still has a landline and at&t tracphone and we got through to the doctor who said come now and go straight to the ER.

I was put right into the ER with just minimal processing. I had recently had a seizure and had no speech. Everyone was so kind.

Unfortunately they were beyond full and I was stuck on a gurney in the hall even while suffered yet a fourth seizure in front of all to witness. Quite the show. Luckily IV ativan has about 10 minutes to work. I still lost language for quite a while leaving me very frustrated trying to share my intense pain. Finally as I was preparing to be admitted my doctor noticed and gave me a WOWbdosebof duiladuid.

No comments:

Post a Comment