Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy Anniversary lets Viva Las Vegas

Oh I have been so neglectful of my blogging. It has been a mixture of good and bad. I had a wonderful "break" from everything for six days. April 3 my husband and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary. I thank God each day that we are together. He has been my everything throughout my illness and my life. How many people are lucky enough to meet their soul mate at 14! Its been an exciting road, lots of love and hard work.

With encouragement from my doctors I was able to make our yearly trek to Vegas for the Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend 15. For those not familiar it is a weekend of wonderfulness everything - cars, clothes, burlesque pinups, tiki pool parties, beautiful women, friendly people from all over the globe, shopping and did I mention amazing cars including showing ours at the famous car show.

I met some amazing women by chance during the event. Women dealing with terrible illness, pain, weight gain as a result of all of the above. They were women of all shapes, sizes, backgrounds. They were from the US, Canada, England and Australia. I felt absolutely invigorated to share our stories just by chance as we wandered through vendors. It quickly didn't matter that I was heavier than I prefer or that I was missing bands, events and other things. I revelled in the relationships. I find myself wishing we had exchanged contact information.

Of course I have lots of health updates but for today, I am going to leave it here. With joy and happiness that was Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekender 15. We have been posting pictures for those interested on facebook at Slo Joe Photography - feel free to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment